Name: Mr. Vijaykumar A. Tarange
Designation: Assitant Professor
- M.Phil. (Pursuing),
- M. Sc. (Chemistry), 2005
- SET (Chemical Sciences), 2014
Overview of Profile:
- Mr. Vijaykumar A. Tarange is working as an Assistant Professor in the Chemical Engineering Department. His research interests cover Suspension Polymerization, Waste water Treatment through Adsorption by Polymeric Adsorbents.
- During his M.Sc. Degree at Department of Chemistry of Savitribai Phule Pune University he worked on waste water treatment project entitled “Study of Effect of Temperature on Adsorption Equilibrium of o-Cresol from its Aqueous Solution’’.
Fore Front Area of Research: Suspension Polymerization, Waste water Treatment.
Experience (in years) Teaching, Industry and Research:
Email id (College only): email@example.com
Contact no: 020 2032500 ( Ext: 1204)
Teaching: 11 year, Industry: 1.0 years
Awards and Achievements
- Won the third prize in “Outstanding Young Chemical Engineer”International Coference Organised by IIChE
- Won the first prize in Industry Defined problem solving competition in YICC 2009,organised by ICT,Mumbai
- Won the first prize in Collision-2005 International conference Organised by DDIT , Nadiad
- Award for Outstanding Achievement in Academics & Research , MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi, Pune, 2015-2016.
Research / Patents / Publications
- Co-Investigator of Research project entitled “Chemical and Biological Removal of Pollutants from Waste Water” funded by BCUD SP Pune University, Pune during 2011 to 2013.
- V A Tarange, Presented a Paper on “Porous, Crosslinked Polymeric Resin Adsorbents for Removal of O-Cresol from Aqueous Solution ”, International Conference on Sustainable Development for Energy and Environment (ICSDEE-2017), at CSIR- National Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune, Maharashtra, India, 16th &17th January 2017, ISBN:978-9324457-19-0
- V.A.Tarange, Arika M Kotha "Synthetic Crosslinked Polymers for Removal of Phenolic Derivatives from Waste Water”, in ETCS2012, Organised by School of Chemical Sciences Solapur University,Solapur,2nd- 4th November 2012
- Surekha Kale, Radhika Kamble, Nayan Pawar, V. A. Tarnge, ‘Glycidal methacrylate polyvinyl benzene polymeric adsorbent for removal of o-cresol from aqueous solution’ in National Conference on Schemcon 2015, 11th Annual Session of Students Chemical Engineering Congress Schemcon 2015, 12th & 13th September 2015
- V. A. Tarange, Presented a Paper on “Glycidal methacrylate polyvinyl benzene polymeric adsorbent for removal of o-cresol from aqueous solution”, NCMRSE 2015, MITAOE Alandi (D) during 5th & 6th June 2015
- V.A.Tarange, Presented a paper on ‘Removal of o-Cresol from Aqueous Solution by Glycidyl Methacrylate-Divinyl Benzene Polymeric Adsorbent’ in National Conference on Frontiers in Physical, Chemical and Biological Sciences’ FPBS- 2013, at Department of Chemistry, University of Pune, Pune on 4th to 6th Oct, 2013.
- V.A.Tarange, Presented a Paper on “Glycidyl Methacrylate-Divinyl Benzene Polymeric Adsorbents for Removal of o-Cresol from Aqueous Solution” in National Conference on Multidisciplinary Research in Science & Engineering at MIT AoE Alandi Pune on 5th & 6th June, 2015, pp. 12-20, ISBN: 978-93-84648-83-1