Name : Mr. Nikhil Nagnath Holsamudrkar
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: B.E Civil, M.Tech, PhD
Overview of Profile:
He is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering. His research is in the area of Concrete columns reinforced with Fiber reinforced polymer bars. He has submitted his M.Tech thesis entitled ‘Stress-strain relationship of concrete columns confined with FRP ties’
Fore Front Area of Research: Design of concrete structures internally reinforced with FRP bars.
Email id : email@example.com
Contact no:7620662555 020- Ext:
Experience (in years): Teaching :Nil, Industry: Nil, Research: 10 months
Awards and Achievements:
1. Salvi K., Kannan S. & Ghosh S.1 (2013) "High-resolution multisite daily rainfall projections in India with statistical downscaling for climate change impacts assessment" J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 118, 3557-3578, doi:10.1002/jgrd.50280.
2. Shashikanth K., Salvi K., Ghosh S.1 & Rajendran K (2013) Do CMIP5 "Simulations of Indian summer Monsoon Rainfall Differ from those of CMIP3? " Atmospheric Science Letters, doi:10.1002/asl2.466
3. Ganguly A. R.1, Kodra E. A., Banerjee A., Boriah S., Chatterjee S., Chatterjee S., Choudhary A., Das D., Faghmous J., Ganguli P., Ghosh S., Hayhoe K., Hays C., Hendeix W., Fu Q., Kawale J., Kumar D., Kumar V., Liess S., Mawalagedara R., Mithal V., Oglesby R., Salvi K., Snyder P. K., Steinhaeuser K., Wang D. & Wuebbles D. (2014) "Toward enhanced understanding and prediction of climate extremes using physics-guided data mining techniques", Nonlin. Processes Geophys., 21, 777–795, 2014, doi:10.5194/npg-21-777-2014.
4. Kannan S., Ghosh S.1, Mishra V. & Salvi K. (2014) "Uncertainty Resulting from Multiple Data Usage in Statistical Downscaling" Geophysical Research Letter, 41, 4013–4019, doi:10.1002/2014GL060089.
5. Murari K., Ghosh S.1, Patwardhan A., Daly E. & Salvi K. (2014) "Intensification of future severe heat waves in India and their impacts, Regional Environmental Change " doi 10.1007/s10113-014-0660-6
6. Salvi K, Ghosh S1 & Ganguly A.R. (2015) "Credibility of Statistical Downscaling under Nonstationary Climate, Climate Dynamics," doi: 10.1007/s00382-015-2688-9v7. Salvi K & Ghosh S.1 (2014) "Projections of Extreme Drought and Wet Events in 21st Century India using Stationary and Non-stationary Standardized Precipitation Indices, (2014), Climatic Change"
1. Salvi K, Kannan S, Ghosh S1 (2011) "Finer Scale Temperature and Rainfall Projections for Climate Change Impacts Assessment", 4th International Conference on Environmental and Computer Science, Singapore, Sept 16-18, 2011 [Key-note]
2. Salvi K, Ghosh S1 (2012) "Climate Change and Simulations of Extreme Hydrologic Scenarios in India, Indo-German Conference on Modelling, Simulation and Optimization in Applications" Darmstadt, Germany
3. Salvi K, Ghosh S1 (2012) "High Resolution Rainfall Projections in India for Climate Change Impact Assessment", AOGS - AGU (WPGM) Joint Assembly, 13 to 17 August, 2012, Resorts World Convention Centre, Singapore
4. Ganguly AR, Kodra E, Oglesby R,Buja L, Agrawal A,Banerjee A, Boriah S, Chatterjee S, Chatterjee S,Choudhary A, Das D, Ghosh S, Hayhoe K, Hays C, Hendrix W, Fu Q, Kawale J, Kumar D, Kumar V, Liao W, Liess S,Mawalagedara R, Mithal V, Najm H, Salvi K, Snyder PK,Steinhaeuser K, Wuebbles D (2012) "Exploiting Big Data to Understand Climate Extremes and Assess their Impacts, Conference on Intelligent Data Understanding"
5. Salvi K, Ghosh S1, Kannan S (2013) Statistical Downscaling for Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall projections, CORDEX INTERNATION CONFERENCE, Brussels, Belgium.
6. Shashikanth K, Salvi K, Ghosh S1, Rajendran K (2013) Statistical Downscaling Of Indian Summer Monsoon Rainfall Under Future Climate Change, HYDRO INTERNATIONAL 2013, IIT Madras, India
7. Singh S, Salvi K, Ghosh S1, Karmakar S (2014) Projections of Active and Break Spells of the Indian Summer Monsoon Using Original and Statistical Downscaled CMIP5 GCMs, AGU Fall Meeting 2014, San Francisco, USA.
8. Agrawal A, Salvi K, Ghosh S (2014) Improving GEFS Weather Forecasts for Indian Monsoon with Statistical Downscaling, Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 16, EGU2014-11854, 2014, EGU General Assembly 2014, Vienna, Austria
9. Sharma T, Salvi K, Ghosh S, Karmakar S (2015) Assessing the Uncertainty in Downscaling Approaches using Hydrological Model, European Geosciences Union, General Assembly 2015, Vienna.
10.Salvi K, Villarini G, Vecchi G (2015) Statistical Downscaling to Improve Decadal Temperature Predictions, AGU Fall Meeting 2015, San Francisco, USA.
12. Indu TS, Walter M, Salvi K, Ghosh S, Steenhuis T (2015), Prediction of Long term Water table Trends in Response toGroundwater Irrigation and Climate Change in an Indian Context, AGU Fall Meeting 2015, San Francisco, USA.
1. Bhatia U, Salvi K, Ghosh S1 (2011) Performance Comparison of quantile base correction with KNN technique of Downscaling to project future temperature, Hydro, 2011, Surat, India, 29-30 December.
2. Salvi K, Ghosh S1 (2012) Future Patterns of Flood and Drought in India Using the Three Month Standardized Precipitation Index, HYDRO 2012, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India
Papers accepted for publication
1. Salvi K, Villarini G, Vecchi G, Ghosh S (2015), Decadal temperature predictions over the continental United States: Analysis and Enhancement, Climate dynamics (tentatively accepted)