Name: Dr. Reju George Mathew
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: BA English Language and Literature, MA English (English Literature), PhD English (Comparative Literature)
Overview of Profile:
- Dr. Reju George Mathew works as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Humanities & Professional Development of MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi. He has completed his post graduation and doctorate from the English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad. At present, he teaches the paper “Language & Communication-1” to First Year B.Tech students. He is also the Instructor In-charge for the same paper at the college level.
Email id (College only): email@example.com
Experience (in years) Teaching, Industry and Research: Teaching : 1.4
Awards and Achievements
Awards and Achievements:
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) fellow at the Technische Universitat Dresden (TUD), Germany for a semester, during April-September 2011.
- Selected for the “Best Paper” award at the National Conference on Language and Literature organized by Karunya University, Coimbatore in November 2008.
- Was awarded the General Proficiency Prize for the year 2005-06 during graduation at St Berchmans College, Changanassery, Kerala.
Research / Patents / Publications
- “Dalit Christian Resistance and Theology: Struggles for Religious and Social Justice”, Indian Journal of Lifelong learning and Development 3.2 (April-June 2015). Department of Adult, Continuing Education and Extension, Savitribai Phule Pune University. Print. ISSN 2452-6852.
- “Christianity through Literature: A Study of Select Nineteenth Century Novels from Kerala”,The Literary Voyage 2.1 (2015) 214-19. Print. ISSN 2348 – 5272.
- “Caste, Conversion and Christianity: Dalit Christians in Malayalam Fiction and Translations”, Commonwealth Literature in the 21st Century. Ed. R. K. Dhawan. New Delhi: Prestige Books International, 2014. 150-159. Print.ISBN 978-93-82186-28-1.
- “Dalit Theology: Towards a Contextual Indian Christian Theology”, Revisiting Cultural Studies: Towards a New Critical Paradigm. Eds. G. Koshy and Ashley Susan Philip. Tiruvalla: Department of English Research Centre, Mar Thoma College, 2012. 105-114. Print. ISBN 978-93-82952-00-8.
- “Civilising the Slaves: European Missionaries in Kerala”, Revisiting Cultural Studies: Towards a New Critical Paradigm. Eds. G. Koshy and Ashley Susan Philip. Tiruvalla: Department of English Research Centre, Mar Thoma College, 2012. 159-171. Print. ISBN 978-93-82952-00-8.
- “Ambedkar and Conversions into Christianity.” Barnolipi 2.4 (2012): 102-115. Web. ISSN 2249 -2666