Name: Prof. Prashant Wasudeo Deshmukh
Designation: Associate Professor
Qualification: Ph.D., M.E. (Heat Power)
Overview of Profile
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai India, December 2016.
- M. E. in Heat Power Engineering, Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT), Pune, India, May 2007.
- BE in Mechanical Engineering, Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering (SSGMCE), Shegaon, Maharashtra, India, 1998.
Prof. P.W.Deshmukh is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. His research areas include local and average heat transfer augmentation for internal flow through pipes using passive techniques.
The objective of the research is to further investigate, and assess the thermo hydraulic performance of various passive devices for heat transfer enhancement for internal flow situations with least pressure drop.
Fore Front Area of Research:
- Investigation for local heat transfer enhancement for tubular geometries.
- Investigation of use of various passive techniques for heat transfer augmentation.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no: 020 - 30253500 Ext.
Experience :Teaching :12Years, Industry: 03 Years,
Awards and Achievements
Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) of 9.38 for Ph.D. course work at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
First Class with Distinction (71.53%) for M.E. in Mechanical Engineering from SPPU, Pune.
Research / Patents / Publications
A research project “Development of Annular Heat Exchanger based on Field Synergy Principle” under BCUD project scheme of SPPU, Pune during the year 2009-2012 was successfully executed, and submitted. The fund amount sanctioned for the project was Rs 1,75,000/-.
International Society for Research and Development (ISRD) - Life Member F3140900534
P.W.Deshmukh, R.P.Vedula, Heat transfer and friction factor characteristics of turbulent flow through a circular tube fitted with vortex generator inserts, International Journal of Heat and Mass transfer, 79 (2014) 551-560
P.W.Deshmukh, S.V.Prabhu, R.P.Vedula, Heat transfer enhancement for laminar flow in tubes using curved delta wing vortex generator inserts, Applied Thermal Engineering,106 (2016) 1415-1426 Citation of published papers: 32 (Source – Mendeley, February 2018)
P.W.Deshmukh, J.P.Shete, N.K.Sane, CFD Analysis of Fin Array under Natural Convection Conditions for Optimum Spacing, in international conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering organised by IISc, Bangalore, 2008.
P.W.Deshmukh, J.P.Shete, N.K.Sane, CFD study for Heat Transfer of extended surfaces for Natural Convection Conditions, in national conference on Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering organised by CoE, Pandharpur, 2007.
- Reviewer- International Journal of Heat and mass Transfer, Publisher - Elsevier, ISSN 0017-9310
- Reviewer- International Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering, Publisher- Elsevier, ISSN 1359-4311