Rules & Regulations
A. ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION
- All students who expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year and are seeking employment may register for campus placements with T & P office.
- Campus placement is a facility provided for the students. Students not interested in placements, going for further studies are requested to inform the Placement Department.
- Any student, who has plans for further studies / other planned activity, should not sit for Placements. After selection if the student doesn’t join then final mark list will be held back.
- Students selected in noncore companies should note that they can appear for core companies, if already selected, at MIT (Kothrud) campus only.
- The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Students have to send their updated resumes on the email IDs provided by the T&P department.
C. PRE-PLACEMENT TALKS
- The placement facility is available only to all the students registered with Training & Placement Department
- The role of the Training and Placement Department is of a facilitator and councilor for placement related activities.
- It is COMPULSORY for all eligible and registered students to attend all the drives scheduled, failing to do so, he/she will be blacklisted.
- Students must keep checking regularly for any new notices/updates
- Students should occupy the venue 15-mintues before the scheduled start of the Pre- Placement Talk.
- Attendance will be taken and only those students who registered will be eligible to apply for that company.
D. PLACEMENT PROCESS
- It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices/updated information/shortlisted names etc. on the notice boards and/or on the Google/ group. Students are expected to be in time as per the announcements.
- A student who gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the midst of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
- Late Comers for Aptitude Test/Gd/ Interview may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behavior in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the institute name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT/Test/GD/Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
E. JOB OFFERS
- The copy of the offer letter is required to be submitted in the placement office.
- A student is allowed (as per eligibility criteria set by the companies) to appear in ongoing placement process for multiple companies until the student bags first job offer.
- If a student receives more than one offer owing to delays in the announcements of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer whose results are declared earlier.
- Every student who is selected by a company is out of placement thereafter i.e. deregistered from the placement cell.
- Announcement on the notice board/mail will be considered as firm offer. Offers received from companies must be collected as per timings in circular / notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student. In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same must be intimated to the Placement office.
- The date/time/venue of the interviews will be subject to changes which, at times, may be at a short notice. Students must keep themselves well informed.
- Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in any sort of interaction with a company. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire is unsatisfactory.
- Students must carry their I-cards at all times during interviews & screening tests. No one would be allowed to enter the test/interview venue without the I- card.
- All students are advised to carry the following documents during Placement drives 1) Two copies of Resume 2) passport size latest photographs 3) Academic Certificates 4) two attested sets of all original documents.
- Students appearing for OFF Campus interview should report to TPO office after the same.
- All communication received from HR Department or Replied to CC , should be mark to Director T & P. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the T&P Department will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. Moreover, the T&P Department, College Management has full discretion to change/modify the rules from time to time as and when required. The decision of the T&P Department will be final and binding on all students.