Dr. Nitin Rane
NAME : Dr. Nitin Rane
DESIGNATION : Professor & Dean
QUALIFICATION : Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering)
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE :
Dr Nitin Rane is Dean & Professor at School of Chemical Engineering, MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi, Pune. Earlier he was a Project Director at University of Technology and Management Shillong, a private university in Meghalaya established in accordance with section 2(f) of the UGC. He holds a doctorate in Chemical Engineering and has diverse range of experience in associated academic procedures. He has been recognized as a post graduate teacher by Pune University. A committed academician, his core areas of expertise include Energy Efficiency, Environmental Pollution Control, Thermodynamics, and Process Equipment Design, among others. He has numerous publications and citations in national and international journals to his credit and has received grants to augment research and conducted many expert lecture series, intensive courses in the field of Chemical Engineering during a career span of close to two decades. His soft-spoken and welcoming nature makes him approachable to students, who constantly bank on him for guidance.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH: Energy & Environment, Advance Separation Processes
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NO : +9120-30253500, Ext : 1045
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education
- Life Member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Associate Member of IChemE
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Received “MAEERs MIT Pune Foundation Day Award on 5th August 2013” towards the contribution and development of organization.
- Award for outstanding achievement in Academics and Research 2016, MIT Academy of Engineering Alandi, Pune
- Award for outstanding achievement in Academics and Research 2018, MIT Academy of Engineering Alandi, Pune
- Acting as a member of Governing and Local Management Council at Avantika University, MIT University Shillong, MIT School of Distance Education Pune and MIT Arts, Commerce and Science college Alandi
- Recognition as a Post Graduate Teacher from University of Pune
ORGANIZATION AND LEADERSHIP
- Secretary in organizing committee of 11th annual session of Student’s Chemical Engineering Congress “SCHEMCON 2015” on 12th and 13 Sept 2015 in the institute.
- Vice Chairman in organizing committee of International Conference in association with National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) Pune on topic “Sustainable Development in Energy and Environment” on 15-16 Jan 2017.
- Member of the organizing committee of International Robocon 2014.
- Coordinator for Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) sponsored intensive course on “Chemical Reactor Design – Attainable Region Approach” in 2015.
- Functioned as the Coordinator for Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) sponsored intensive course on “Process Equipment Design” in 2014.
LIASONING WITH EXTERNAL AGENCIES/STAKEHOLDERS
- Represented department in front of NAAC committee and received “A” Grade for the institute with 3.13 CGPA.
- Represented the department Thrice in front of NBA committee resulted into certificate of Accreditation
- Successfully represented department in front of University Grant Commission committee for Autonomy. The UGC committee has conferred autonomy to the institute.
- Represented department in front of Pune University committee for permanent affiliation. Presently, the department is permanently affiliated to Pune University.
- Played key role in getting 2(f) and 12(B) status to the institute from University Grants Commission.
- In charge of AICTE correspondence and approvals. Successfully completed the responsibility with AICTE like increase in intake, addition of new courses, name change of the institute, closure of courses. etc.
- Contributed towards the Name change process of the institution from Maharashtra Academy of Engineering to MIT Academy of Engineering for approval by AICTE.
ADMINISTRATION AND TOP MANAGEMENT ROLES
- Key role in establishment of private university in the state of Meghalaya as “MIT University, Meghalaya”.
- Key role in establishment of Avantika University, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh.
- Worked as a Director with MIT School of Distance Education.
- Key role in the establishment of MIT Arts, Commerce and Science College, Alandi, Pune.
- Key role in the establishment of MIT School of Telecom Management, Kothrud, Pune.
- Key role in the establishment of MIT College of Education, Alandi, Pune
- Nitin Rane, Dr. R .S. Sapkal Chromium(VI) Removal by using Orange Peel Powder in Batch Adsorption, International Journal of Chemical Sciences and Applications ISSN 0976-2590,online ISSN 2278-6015, Vol 5, Issue 2, Dec-2014, pp 22-29.
- N. M. Rane, Dr. R. S Sapkal, Dr. V. S. Sapkal, M. B. Patil, S. P. Shewale, Use of Naturally Available Low Cost Adsorbents For Removal of Cr(VI) Wastewater, International Journal of Chemical Sciences and Applications ISSN 0976-2590, Vol 1, Issue 2, Dec-2010, pp 65-69.
- Smita R. Samdani, Sandeep P Shewale and Nitin M. Rane , “Recycling Of Pet Bottle By Glycolysis Process”, International Journal of Biotechnology, Chemical & Environmental Engineering (IJBCEE), Vol.1, (1), April 2012 ISSN 2278 – 0696
- Sandeep P Shewale, Smita R. Samdani, Nitin M. Rane and Makarand D. Deshpande, “An overview on carbon Nanotubes”, Inter.Jr. of chem.. Sci. and app., ISSN 0976-2590, Vol.3, Issue1, 2012, pp 241-248
- Sandeep P. Shewale, Nitin M. Rane, Anil Vyas, Smita R. Samdani and Kalyan I Patil “Polymeric membrane for pervaporation”, Int. Jr.of Biotechnology, chem. &EnvEng, Vol.1(2), Aug 2012, pp 62-66, ISSN: 2278-0696.
- Shewale Sandeep P. , PatilManesh B., Rane N. M., Garkal D. J., Samdani S. R. , “Pervaporation Process for Ethanol-Water Mixture”, International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment, Vol. 1 Issue 2 Oct. 2011,147-152 (ISSN 2248-9649).
PAPER PRESENTED (NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES)
- N M Rane, A V Kulkarni, R S Sapkal, Adsorption, Kinetics and Isotherm Studies on Removal of Cr(VI) from Aqueous Solutions Using Lemon and Orange Peel Powder, Indian Chemical Engineering Congress (CHEMCON 2016) at IIT Chennai, 27-30, Dec 2016.
- N M Rane, S V Admane, R S Sapkal, Adsorption of Hexavalent Chromium From Wastewater by Using Sweetlime and Lemon Peel Powder by Batch Studies, 6th International Conference on Solid waste Management (IconSWM 2016), Jadavpur University, Kolkatta, 24-26 Nov 2016.
- N M Rane, S P Shewale, S V Adamane, R S Sapkal, Adsorption of hexavalent chromium by using sweetlime and orange peel powder, National conference on Recent Trends In Chemical Engineering & Technology (REACT 2016) at LIT Nagpur, 27-28 Feb. 2016.
- N M Rane, S V Adamane, R S Sapkal, Adsorption of Hexavalent Chromium by using Sweetlime and lemon peel powder in 7th DAE-BRNS Biennial symposium on Emerging trends in separation science and technology (SESTEC 2016) at IIT Guwahati, national conference on Recent Trends in Chemical Engineering & Technology.
- N M Rane, A V Kulkarni,S P Shewale,R S Sapkal, Comparative study for removal of Cr(VI) using sweetlime peel powder and lemon peel powder in a fixed bed column, International conference on Advances in Chemical Enginering at NITKSurthkal, 20-22 Dec. 2015.
- N M Rane, S V Adamane, Dr R S Sapkal&Dr V S Sapkal, Removal of Chromium(VI) from wastewater by using lemon peel powder in a fixed bed column, International Conference on New Frontiers in Chemical , Energy and Environmental Engineering (INCEEE) at NIT Warangal, 20-21 March 2015.
- N M Rane, R S Sapkal, S P Shewale, Removal of Cr(VI) from wastewater by using sweetlime peel powder in a fixed bed column, National Conference on Recent Trends In Chemical Engineering & Technology (REACT 2015) LIT Nagpur, 27-28 Feb 2015.
- N. M. Rane, Dr.R.S.Sapkal, M B Patil, Removal of Cr(VI) from Waste Water by Using Lemon Skin Powder, 1stNational Conference on Energy and Environment (NC2E-2014), University of Pune, 20-22 February 2014.
- N. M. Rane, R.S.Sapkal, V. S. Sapkal and M.B.Patil, Removal of Cr(VI) from Wastewater by Using Lemon, Orange and Sweetlime Skin Powder, Proceedings of the International Conference on Water Desalination, Treatment and Management& Indian Desalination Association Annual Congress-2013 (InDACON 2013), 21 – 22 February 2013, MNIT Jaipur.
- N. M. Rane, Dr R S SapkalTreatment of Cr(VI) Contaminated Wastewater Using Naturally Available Low Cost Adsorbents, Regional Research Conference, INNOVATION 2013, BCUD Pune University , 18 April 2013.
- N. M. Rane, Dr. R. S. Sapkal, Treatment of Cr(VI) Contaminated Wastewater Using Naturally Available Low Cost Adsorbents, Regional Research Conference, INNOVATION-2012. BCUD Pune University, 19-20 March 2012.
- N. M. Rane, Dr.R.S.Sapkal, Treatment of Cr(VI) Contaminated Wastewater Using Naturally Available Low Cost Adsorbents, Regional Research Conference,INNOVATION 2010,BCUD Pune University,19-20 March 2010.
- N. M. Rane, Dr.R.S.Sapkal, Treatment of Cr(VI) Contaminated Wastewater using Orange Peel, International conference on “Energy Engineering & Eco-balance ICEEE 2009”. MITR, Pune, 16-18 Feb 2009.
- N. M. Rane, Dr. R.S. Sapkal, Dr. V.S. Sapkal, M. B. Patil, S R Samdani , Treatment of Cr(VI) Contaminated Wastewater Using Naturally Available Low Cost Adsorbents, Indo-Italian Conference on “Emerging Trends in Waste Management Technologies (ETWMT – 2009), MIT Pune, 3-4 Dec. 2009.
- Book chapter published in a book “Recent Advances in Chemical Engineering” selected Proceedings of ICACE 2015 at NITK Surathkal, Springer Nature Singapore, 2019, N M Rane, A V Kulkarni, S P Shewale, R S Sapkal on “Comparative Study for Removal of Cr(VI) Using Sweetlime Peel Powder and Lemon Peel Powder in a Fixed Bed Column.” ISBN: 9789811016332.
- Book chapter published in a book “Novel Water Treatment and Separation Methods”, Apple Academic press Canada by CRC press, a Taylor and Francis Group, 2017, N M Rane, S P Shewale, S V Admane, R S Sapkal, “Adsorption of Hexavalent Chromium by Using Sweetlime and Orange Peel Powder” ISBN: 9781771885782.
- Book chapter published in a book “Waste Management and Resource Efficiency” proceedings of IconSWM 2016, Springer Nature Singapore by N M Rane, S V Admane, R S Sapkalon “Adsorption of Hexavalent Chromium from wastewater by using Sweetlime and Lemon Peel Powder by Batch Studies” ISBN: 9789811072901.
- Book chapter published in a book “Process Modeling, Simulation and Environmental Applications in Chemical Engineering”, Apple Academic press Canada by CRC press, a Taylor and Francis Group, 2016, N M Rane, S P Shewale, A V Kulkarni, R S Sapkal on “Removal of Cr(VI) by Using Sweetlime Peel Powder in a Fixed Bed Column” ISBN: 9781771883245.
RESEARCH PROJECT COMPLETED
Title: “Removal of Cr(VI) from Industrial Waste water by using Agro waste”
Principal Investigator: Nitin M. Rane
Funding Agency: BCUD, University of Pune
Sanction Amount: Rs. 2.0 Lacs
Project Duration: 2011-2013 (2 years)