Dr. Sandeep Shewale
NAME : Dr. Sandeep Pandurang Shewale
DESIGNATION : Assistant Professor
QUALIFICATION : PhD (Tech in Chemical Engg), M.E. (Chemical Engineering)
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE:
Sandeep is a devoted academician with an active research background. He has completed PhD, Tech (Chemical Engineering) from Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. His research interests include extraction of bioactive compounds, adsorption and membrane based separation process. His doctoral research mainly focused on the “Process Intensification of Extraction and purification of Natural Ingredients from Herbs”. He has numerous publications and citations in national and international journals to his credit. He has completed funded one research project, also fetched fund to organize various technical events under QIP scheme from SPPU Pune. As a dedicated academician, his core areas of expertise contain Chemical Equipment Design, Chemical Process Safety, Heat Transfer, Environmental Engineering, etc. He has organized various intensive courses, workshop, and guest talk in the field of Chemical Engineering for the students and faculty during his career span of one decade. He has been awarded by “The Teacher of the Department (year 2014-15) Award” by the institute; also awarded for “Outstanding Achievement in R&D (year 2013-14) and QIP contributions (year 2015-16)”.He holds various professional memberships of societies including the Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE), Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE), Institution of Chemical Engineering (IChemE) and International Association of Engineers (IAENG). Before joining MITAoE Alandi, Sandeep associated with TKIET Warananagar, CSIR-NCL Pune, AEC Chikhli as faculty and research associate.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH : Advanced Separation Processes
EMAIL ID : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NO : 02030253615 Ext: 1077
EXPERIENCE : Teaching: 9.5 Years, Research: 0.3 Years
- Associate Member of IChemE (Membership no: 100197843)
- Life Member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (LM-66380).
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (LM 69981).
- Life Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG No. 107799).
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- “The Teacher of the Department” (2014-15) Award” by the institute.
- Award for “Outstanding Achievement in R&D ( 2013-14)
- Awarded for the “QIP contributions for fetching fund” (2015-16).
Successfully completed 03 time NBA accreditation process as coordinator in the year 2012, 2016 and 2019.
Worked hard as a coordinator at the departmental level for getting “A+” grade in NAAC and “Academic Autonomy”.
Departmental & Autonomy coordinator
Worked as a departmental coordinator for smooth conduction of academic and administrative responsibility in the absence of Dean.
As autonomy coordinator completed the task of curriculum work, the arrangement of BoS meeting and Academic Audit.
UGC Faculty Recruitment
Worked as core committee member along with Dean Academic for the “UGC Faculty recruitment Process 2018”.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Completed 01 minor research on titled “Recovery of Sugar from sugar cane juice by ultrafiltration” from SPPU Pune (2012-14).
- Submitted total 04 minor research proposals to UGC, IIChE, and SPPU till date.
- One research proposal shortlisted for the 2nd round of presentation under ASPIRE Scheme by SPPU Pune (2018-19).
- Published 04 research papers in the journal and 03 book chapters in processing.
- Submitted 04 research papers to the reputed journal for publication.
FUND FROM APEX BODIES
- Fetched Rs.1.5 lakh for minor research from the BCUD, Savitribai Phule Pune University, and Pune.
- Fetched Rs 2.0 lakh for organizing “Two days national level seminar on “Challenges to Optimizes Process in Industry (COPI-2015)” from SPPU Pune.
- Fetched Rs.1.0 lakh for organizing “Two days state level workshop on “Chemical Reactor design: Attainable Region Approach” from SPPU Pune.
PAPER PUBLISHED IN JOURNALS:
- Sandeep Shewale & Virendra K. Rathod, ‘‘Extraction of total phenolic content from Azadirachta indica or (neem) leaves: Kinetics study,Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology’’, DOI: 10.1080/10826068.2018.1431784
- Sandeep P. Shewale, Sachin V. Jadhav, Virendra K. Rathod*, “Hydrodynamic optimization to control membrane fouling in glycyrrhizic acid (GA) recovery from licorice root extract”, (Communicated).
- Sandeep P Shewale, Dhanashree Panadare, MirajKapadia, Virendra K. Rathod*, “Extraction of total antioxidants from Azadirachta Indica (Neem) using Three Phase Partitioning (TPP) and its process intensification using ultrasound”, (Communicated).
- Sandeep P. Shewale and Virendra K. Rathod, “Experimental and mathematical study for the extraction of the total phenolic compound from Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaves by ultrasound-assisted extraction”, (Communicated).
- Sandeep P. Shewale and Virendra K. Rathod, “Microwave Assisted Extraction of total phenolic contents from Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaves”, (Communicated).
- Sandeep P Shewale*, SupriyaDhume, AjinkyaDagade and Nitin M Rane, “Polysulfone Membrane for Concentration Rise of Sugar Juice by Ultrafiltration Process” Scholars Journal of Engineering and Technology (SJET) Sch. J. Eng. Tech., 2014; 2(2B):231-235, ISSN 2321-435X (Online).
- Sandeep P Shewale*, Nitin M Rane, Anil Vyas,Smita R Samdani and Kalyan I Patil “Polymeric Membrane for Pervaporation” International Journal of Biotechnology, Chemical & Environmental Engineering (IJBCEEVol.1, (2), August 2012 ISSN 2278 – 0696
- Smita R Samdani*, Sandeep P Shewale and Nitin M Rane “Recycling Of Pet Bottle By Glycolysis Process” International Journal of Biotechnology, Chemical & Environmental Engineering (IJBCEE), Vol.1, (1), April 2012ISSN 2278 – 0696
- Shewale Sandeep P.*, PatilManesh B., Rane N .M., Garkal D.J., Samdani S R, “Pervaporation Process for Ethanol-Water Mixture” in International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment Vol. 1 Issue 2 Oct. 2011,147-152(ISSN 2248-9649).
- M B Patil, S V Taralkar, V S Sapkal, S P Shewale and R S Sapkal, “Extraction, Isolation And Evaluation Of Anti-inflammatory Activity Of Curcuminoids From Curcuma Longa” in International Journal of Chemical Sciences and Applications Vol. 2, Issue3 172-174 (2010).
- N. M. Rane, Dr. R. S Sapkal, Dr. V. S. Sapkal, M. B. Patil and S. P. Shewale, “Use of Naturally Available Low Cost Adsorbents For Removal of CR (VI) Contaminated Wastewater” in International Journal of Chemical Sciences and Applications Vol1 Issue2 65-69 (2010)”.
BOOK CHAPTER PUBLISHED IN BOOKS:
- Articles publish as a book chapter on title “Adsorption of Hexavalent Chromium by Using Sweetlime and Orange Peel Powder” in Novel Water Treatment and Separation Methods: Simulation of Chemical Processes, CRC Press (Apple Academic Press) Taylor and fancis group. September 14, 2017, ISBN 9781771885782 - CAT# N11890
- Article publish as a book chapter on title “Removal of Cr(VI) by Using Sweetlime Peel Powder in a Fixed Bed Column” in Process Modeling, Simulation, and Environmental Applications in Chemical Engineering, CRC Press (Apple Academic Press) Taylor and fancis group. December 21, 2016, ISBN 9781771883245 - CAT# N11610
- Article publish as a book chapter on title, “Comparative Study for Removal of Cr(VI) Using Sweetlime Peel Powder and Lemon Peel Powder in A Fixed Bed Column”, in Recent Advances in Chemical Engineering Select Proceedings of ICACE 2015 by Springer Rane, N. M. (et al.)Pages 143-152, November 5, 2017, ISBN 978-981-10-1633-2
PAPER PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES:
- Presented poster titled “Extraction of Natural Products at 66th Annual Chemical Engineering Congress (CHEMCON 2013) at Institute of Chemical technology, Mumbai on 27 December 2013.
- Presented poster titled “Concentration of Glycyrrhizic Acid (GA) from Licorice Root Extract by Membrane Process” at SusChemE 2015, International Conference on Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering on October 8-9, 2015, Hotel Lalit, Mumbai (Organized by Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai).
- Presented a paper on titled “Extraction of Total Phenolic Compound (TPC) from Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaves by novel extraction methods” at SCHEMCON 2015 11th Annual session of Students’ Chemical Engineering Congress on 12th and 13th September, 2015 at MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi (D), Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- M P Chary Award presentation on titled, Glycyrrhizic Acid (GA) concentration from licorice root extract by membrane process, at SCHEMCON 2015 11th Annual session of Students’ Chemical Engineering Congress on 12th and 13th September, 2015 at MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi (D), Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- “Process Intensification for concentration of special compounds from herbal extract by dead end membrane separation process” in national conference on recent trends in chemical engineering and technology organized by LIT Nagpur during 27-28 Feb 2015.
- “Sugar recovery from sugar cane juice by membrane process” in National Conference on Energy and Environment organized by University pune during 20-22 Feb 2014.
- “Extraction of Natural ingredients from herbs by novel separation process” in GREENCHEM at JDIET Yavatmal during 11-12 Oct 2013.
- “Application of Nanomaterial technology to coatings” in International Conference International Conference on Nanomaterial and Application (ICNAMA 2008) organized by Shivaji University, Kolhapur during 9th-11th Dec 2008.
- “Scope of Non-Edible Vegetable Oils” in National Conference Emerging Trends in Chemical Engineering-Global Scenario (ETCE-08) organized by S.V.N.I.T. Surat, during 7th-8th May 2008.
- “Biodiesel production from waste cooking oil” in National Conference Environmental Engineering and Management (NCEEM 2008) organized by T.K.I.E.T, Warananagar, during 15th-16th Feb 2008.
- “Membrane Separation Technology” in National level technical paper presentation (INSIGHT 05) organized by Anuradha Engineering College”, Chikhli, Dist- Buldana, during 25th-27th June 2005.