Mrs. Smita S. Kulkarni
NAME : Mrs. Smita S. Kulkarni
DESIGNATION : Assistant Professor
- Pursuing Ph.D. form Savitribai Phule Pune University, India.
- M. E. (Electronics), Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Savitribai Phule Pune University, India.
- B.E. (Electronics), Savitribai Phule Pune University, India.
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE :
Smita S. Kulkarni is Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical Engineering. Her Interdisciplinary research interests cover Signal Processing including Image Processing, Machine Learning enabling the realization of successful systems. The research focus is on applications and projects in industry, computer vision, control systems and other diverse domains
As a Teacher of Engineering she will be an outstanding classroom expert who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages and always achieve the highest standards within Engineering.
To evolve into an autonomous institute for imparting quality technical education. Prepare graduates who excel in the engineering profession, qualified to pursue advanced degrees, and possess the technical knowledge, critical thinking skills, creativity, and ethical values. Train the graduates for attaining leadership in developing and applying technology for the betterment of society and sustaining the world environment.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH : Signal and Image Processing, Machine Learning
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NO : 020 30253500 Ext: 1222
EXPERIENCE : Teaching: 13, Industry: 02
Represented India at World Skill International Competition, at Leipzig, Germany in Skill of Electronics as an Indian Expert(2013)
Received Award for outstanding Achievement at MIT Academy of Engineering,Alandi, Pune (2013)
Represented India at World Skill International Competition, at Sao Paulo,Brazil Germany in Skill of Electronics as an Indian Expert(2015)
Received Award for outstanding Achievement at MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi, Pune (2015)
- IETE : The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers Member AM-500871
- ISTE : Indian Society for Technical Education Member LM-100012
- IMS : Indian Meteorological Society Member LM-2493
- AnkushMahore, GiteshBhumkar, Smita S. Kulkarni, “Multiple Object Detection and Tracking Using Background Updating Model", in International Journal of Engineering, Technology, Science and Research IJETSR (ISSN: 2394-3386), Vol. 4, No. 11, November 2017.
- Smita S. Kulkarni, “Industrial Optimization Using Voice and Android Smartphone Control. ", in International Journal of electrical Electronics and Data Communication, Special Issue, pp. 16-22, April 2015.
- Smita S. Kulkarni, “Face Recognition & Verification Using Artificial Neural Network.” in International Conference IIECH, Feburay 2010.
- Kulkarni, Smita, Sangeeta Jadhav, and Debashis Adhikari. "A Survey on Human Group Activity Recognition by Analysing Person Action from Video Sequences Using Machine Learning Techniques." In Optimization in Machine Learning and Applications, pp. 141-153. Springer, Singapore, 2020.
- Smita S. Kulkarni, SangeetaJadhav, “Insight on symmetrical Posture Detection of Human Using SIFT ", in Springer International Conference on Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering ICACIE 2016, C.V.Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar, India, Dec. 2016.
- Smita S. Kulkarni, VarshaDegaonkar, “Defect Identification for Simple Fleshy Fruits by Statistical Image Feature Detection", in Books Chapters Progress in Intelligent Computing Techniques: Theory, Practice and Applications .Advance in intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, Singapore(ISBN: 978-981-10-3372-8),Vol. 518, pp. 165-172,4th International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking, and Informatics ICACNI 2016, NIT Rourkela, India, September 2016.
- Smita S. Kulkarni, “Face Recognition & Verification Using Artificial Neural Network." in International Engineering Research & Development (ISSN: 2278067X),Sangamner, India, March 2009.