Dr. Prasheel V. Suryawanshi
: Dr. Prasheel V. Suryawanshi
DESIGNATION : Professor
- Ph.D. (Engineering – Instrumentation & Control), College of Engineering Pune, University of Pune, India, 2016
- M. Tech. (Instrumentation & Control), College of Engineering Pune, University of Pune, India, 2005
- B.E. (Instrumentation & Control), College of Engineering Pravaranagar, University of Pune, India, 1996.
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE :
Prasheel V. Suryawanshi is an ardent academician and a passionate researcher who has been diligently pursuing the objective of igniting and educating young minds for the past 20 years. He holds a Doctorate in Control Systems and is currently working as Associate Professor at the Department of E&TC Engineering of MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi (D), Pune. His research interests include sliding mode control, uncertainty and disturbance estimation, active disturbance rejection control and observer design. He has received research funding to the tune of INR 5 million from various funding agencies like DAE-BRNS and AICTE. He has authored 4 books, 5 book-chapters, and over 50 research papers in journals and conferences of international repute. He is also the author of a number of monographs, technical reports and white-papers. He is member of a number of professional societies like IEEE, IEEE-CSS, IEEE-IES, ACM, IET, IAENG, SSI, ISOI, INS, IE(I), IETE AND ISTE. He is an educator par excellence and the same has been testified by his numerous students and peers alike. He has consistently receiving excellent feedback ratings on the teaching - learning process from the students. He has been bestowed with the prestigious MIT Foundation Day Award 2015 for contribution in academics, research and institution building. The guiding thought of his life is, "DO NOT GO, WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD, GO INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL”.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH : Systems & Control
EMAIL ID : email@example.com
CONTACT NO : 020-30253500EXPERIENCE : Teaching: 18, Industry: 1.5
MIT Foundation Day Award (2015) for contribution in academics, research and institution building.
Rank 1 at M. Tech (Instrumentation and Control) with a C.G.P.A. of 8.78 on a 10 point scale
Consistently received excellent feedback ratings on the teaching – learning process from the students
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, IEEE Control Systems Society (IEEE-CSS)
- Member, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IEEE-IES)
- Member, Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Member, Association of Computing Machines (ACM)
- Life Member, International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
- Life Member, Systems Society of India (SSI)
- Life Member, Instrument Society of India (ISOI)
- Life Member, Indian Nuclear Society (INS)
- Life Member, Institute of Engineers (IE(I))
- Life Member, Institution of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- Life Member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- DAE - BRNS : 24.39 lakhs
- DAE-BRNS : 6.91 lakhs
- AICTE-MODROBS : 15.00 lakhs
- AICTE-MODROBS : 5.00 lakhs
- Total : 51.30 lakhs
1. Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, Pramod D. Shendge, S. B. Phadke, “A Boundary Layer Sliding Mode Control Design for Chatter Reduction using Uncertainty and Disturbance Estimator”, in International Journal of Dynamics and Control, Springer, DOI 10.1007/s40435-015-0150-9.
2. Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, Pramod D. Shendge, S. B. Phadke, “Robust Sliding Mode Control for a class of Nonlinear System using Inertial Delay Control”, in Nonlinear Dynamics, Springer, Vol. 78, No. 3, pp. 1921-1932, 2014.
3. Kaveri Waghmare, Kalpana Bapat, Prasheel Suryawanshi, “Feature Extraction by MFCC Algorithm for Accent Normalization”, in International Journal of Engg. Research & Industrial Applications (ISSN : 0974-1518), Vol. 7, No. I, pp. 1-16, 2013.
4. Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, Kaliprasad Mahapatro, Vardhman J. Sheth, “Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of BLDC Motor with Experimental Validation”, in International Journal of Mathematical Science & Engineering Applications (ISSN : 0973-9424), Vol. 6, No. III, pp. 461-478, 2012.
5. Vardhman J. Sheth, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, “A Kalman Filter based Sensor Fusion Technique for balancing a 2-Wheel System”, in CiiT International Journal of Automation and Autonomous Systems (ISSN : 0974-9659), Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 119-125, 2012.
6. P. D. Shendge, Prasheel Suryawanshi, B. M. Patre, “Robust Sliding Mode Control for Systems with Noise and Unmodeled Dynamics based on Uncertainty and Disturbance Estimation (UDE)”, in International Journal of Computer Applications (ISSN 0975-8887), Vol. 1, No. 9, pp. 43-48, 2010.
7. Prasheel Suryawanshi, Ganesh Bhujbal, S. L. Patil, “A FFT based Harmonic Analyzer on TMS320F2812 Digital Signal Controller”, in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Advances in Engineering (ISSN 0975-7074), Vol. 1, No. I, pp. 71-86, 2009.
8. P. D. Shendge, Prasheel Suryawanshi, “Model Following Sliding Mode Control based on TDC and UDE”, in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Advances in Engineering (ISSN 0975-7074), Vol. 1, No. I, pp. 147-155, 2009.
9. Arpit Shah, Shekhar Kumar, Prasheel Suryawanshi, “Adaptive Prediction by Successive Error Minimization Technique”, in International Journal of Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Applications (ISSN 0973-9424), Vol. 3, No. III, pp. 265-277, 2009.
10. P. D. Shendge, Prasheel Suryawanshi, B. M. Patre, “Model Following SMC for Uncertain and Noisy system based on Uncertainty and Disturbance Estimation” in International Journal for the Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Applications, Vol. 2, No IV, pp. 175-184, 2008.
11. Prasheel Suryawanshi, P.D. Shendge, “Electric Power Assist Steering System based on Torque Sensor”, in International Journal of Mathematical Sciences and Engineering Applications, Vol. 2, No III, pp. 225-242, 2008.
12. Prasheel Suryawanshi, S.D. Agashe, “An Indirect Self – Tuning Control scheme based on RLS & MDPP Design” in International Journal of Engineering Research & Industrial Applications, Vol. 1, No V, pp. 307-322, 2008NATIONAL JOURNALS
 Amit V. Nagarale, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, “Embedded Realization of Measurement and Control Algorithms for Functional Optimization of an Industrial Control Valve”, in Journal of the Instrument Society of India, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 198-200, 2014.
 Jogesh Thakkar, Anshit Shukla, Amit Pathania, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, “Design and Development of Industry Standard Embedded Controller based on ISA-PID Algorithm", in Journal of Instrument Society of India (ISSN: 0970-9983), Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 130-133, 2013.
 K. R. Sudarshan, Vinayak Mhase, Onkarsingh Pardeshi, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, “Trajectory Tracking Multi Axis Motion Control using Microchip dsPIC33F Controller”, in Journal of Instrument Society of India (ISSN: 0970-9983), Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 32-36, 2013.INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
 Kaliprasad Mahapatro, Ashitosh Chavan, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, “Analysis of Robustness for Industrial Motion Control using Extended State Observer with Experimental Validation", in IEEE International Conference on Industrial Instrumentation and Control – ICIC 2015, Pune, India, pp. 29-34, May 2015.
 Kaliprasad Mahapatro, Ashitosh Chavan, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, “Extended State Observer based Control of Flexible Link Manipulator in presence of Unknown Payload Dynamics", in IEEE International Conference on Computing, Communication Control and Automation – ICCUBEA 2015, Pune, India, pp. 506-510, Feb. 2015.
 Kaliprasad Mahapatro, Ashitosh Chavan, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, Milind Rane, “Comparative Analysis of Linear and Nonlinear Extended State Observer with Application to Motion Control", in IEEE International Conference on Convergence of Technology – I2CT 2014, Pune, India, Mar. 2014.
 Pramod D. Shendge, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, “Sliding Mode Control for Flexible Joint using Uncertainty and Disturbance Estimation”, in Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, WCECS 2011 (ISBN :978-988-18210-9-6), Vol. I, pp. 216-221, San Francisco, USA, Oct. 2011.
 P. V. Suryawanshi, V. K. Sharma, Rakhi Sharma, “Advance Computer Communication Systems in Hybrid Vehicles”, in IEEE Conference on Electric & Hybrid Vehicles– ICEHV 07, Pune, India, Dec. 2006.
 Prasheel Suryawanshi, S. D. Agashe, U. M. Chaskar “A novel implementation of Advance Control schemes on a single H/W platform (SLPC) in the context of Instrumentation Education” in Int. Conf. on Instrumentation – INCON 2004, Pune, India, Dec. 2004.NATIONAL CONFERENCES
 Prasheel Suryawanshi, V. K. Sharma, Chandrashekhar Patil, “A Gain Scheduling approach for control of non-linear level process”, XXXI National Systems Conference – NSC 2007, Manipal, Dec. 2007.
 Shivaji Karad, Prasheel Suryawanshi, “The analysis of performance of a flow loop control system for various tuning methods of PID control” in Proceedings of National Symposium on Instrumentation – NSI 30, pp. 789 – 795, Cochin, Nov.– Dec. 2005.
 Prasheel Suryawanshi, Shivaji Karad, “A comparative analysis of various tuning methods for PID control and their effects on the performance of a temperature control system” in Proceedings of The 2nd National Conference on Power Conversion & Industrial Control – PCIC 2004, pp. SAD 6.1 to SAD 6.4, Palakkad, Kerala, Jul. 2004.
 Prasheel Suryawanshi, Chandrashekhar Patil, S. D. Agashe, “Identification of Dynamic Behavior of Capacitive Pressure Sensor for improved Process Control Performance” in Proceedings of 10th National Seminar on Physics & Technology of Sensors – Sensor 10, pp. 131 to 135, Pune, Mar. 2004.BOOK CHAPTERS
 Aniket D. Gundecha, V. V. Gohokar, Kaliprasad Mahapatro, Prasheel V. Suryawanshi, Chapter on “Control of DC-DC Converter in presence of Uncertain Dynamics”, in Book titled Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications, Vol. 1 of Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing : Vol. 384, pp. 315-326, Springer, 2015.