Center of Excellence
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
PROFILE AND VISION
Mathematics is a requirement in the national frameworks for the education of engineers, economists and teachers, and is an indispensable element of studies in natural sciences, engineering sciences and health care. However, national and international tests reveal disappointing levels of performance of students as they transfer from school to higher education. The various Mathematics Council’s test of basic skills exposes severe weaknesses in students’ fluency and reliability in elementary mathematical procedures as they embark on studies in economics, engineering, and teaching.
THE CENTER WILL
- Create, lead and support networks that enable sharing and development of effective use of video, digital and web-based technologies in teaching, learning and assessing mathematics.
- Initiate, support and disseminate research into teaching, learning and assessing mathematics to identify, understand and evaluate effective innovation in practice.
- Bring together mathematics educators, scientists, engineers, computer scientists and economists in cross-disciplinary teams to produce workplace simulations and realistic tasks for mathematical modeling.
THIS VISION WILL BE ACHIEVED THROUGH
- Networking mathematics teachers and users (engineers, scientists, economists, teachers, etc.
- Coordinating research into innovation in teaching, learning and assessing mathematics.
- Developing teaching resources that simulate applications of mathematics in the workplace and a student laboratory for developing competencies in mathematical modeling.
- Disseminating research, innovation and excellence in mathematics teaching.
|1||Developing a well-equipped Language Lab|
|2||Teaching foreign languages|
|3||Providing training to the students, faculties and staff in communication skills|
|4||Preparing students for facing competitive exams successfully|
|1||All faculties or staff of the institute can send request to the Chairperson about the required topic (Related with Languages and communication) to organize sessions on the same through our Centre of Excellence.|
|2||Based on inputs from faculties, chairperson will identify experienced resource person.|
|3||Suitable resource person will be identified for students’ training and enhancing their employability.|
|4||Events will be conducted on Institute level and information about same will be shared with Deans of all school.|
|5||Chairperson will be responsible for preparing brief report of the session and sharing it with Dean R&D/Dean of Schools.|