Dr. P. S. Kalos
NAME : Dr. P. S. Kalos
DESIGNATION : Associate Professor
QUALIFICATION : Ph.D., M.E., B.E. (Production Engineering)
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE :
Accomplished Doctorate in Production Engineering from Govt. College of Engineering, Pune (COEP) as the research Institute, and have an experience of 16 years in delivering quality education at National and International Universities, out of which 8 years is Post Ph.D.
National Level: Previously worked as Associate Professor in the Department of Production Engineering (2003 to 2014) [twice Accredited by NBA], at K.K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education and Research, Nashik, India (permanently Affiliated to Univ. of Pune).
Was associated with Guru Gobind Singh College of Engineering, Nashik handled successfully the responsibility as a Head R&D and was also associated as Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department affiliated to University of Pune, India. During the Tenure assisted UG students to successfully file and published 3 patents.
International Level : handled the responsibility of curriculum development as per ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, USA) and associated as Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department Shaqra University, Ministry of Higher Education, Saudi Arabia, from March 2014 - JAN 2018
Combine flair for developing knowledge of UG and PG students in Production / Mechanical Engineering courses with expertise in developing a research ambience.
Under University of Pune, recognized as approved PG Teacher (Dec 2012 – Dec 2017) and Ph.D. guide (Dec 2012 to Dec 2020).
Strong team player with the ability to accomplish organizational goals within scheduled time frames.
Flexible work attitude with exemplary problem solving and time management capabilities.
Qualified GATE-2001 (All India Rank -130), GATE-2004, awardee of Regular Scholarship from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, India, during Master of Engineering (Production Engg.) Course.
Was Associated with Pune University as a member of Common Assessment Programme (CAP), as a chairman of various Engineering Courses like Robotics, Mechatronics, Kinematics of Manufacturing Machines, etc.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH : Advanced Manufacturing Processes, Reliability Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Optimization.
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NO : 020-30253500
- Recipient of “Promising Engineer’s Award” from Institution of Engineers (I), Nashik in the year 2007.
- Awarded a research grant from Univ. Of Pune for the research on Intelligent Manufacturing by the Neural network during the period 2007 to 2009.
- Received Best Paper Award for the research paper : K. N. Nandurkar, L.G. Navale, B.B. Ahuja and P.S. Kalos, “ Analysis of Roundness-error on En-8 stel using ANOVA”, Proc. Of National Conference on Recent Developments in Mech. Engg. (RDME-2011), July 2011, pp. 253-257.
- Felicitated by Prof. N. V. Ratnalikar (President, Engg. Edu. Foundation, Pune) during Teachers Day function, organized by the Consortium of Engg. Colleges and Polytechnics, Nashik Region at KKWIEER, Nashik for obtaining Ph.D. degree.
- Life Member of Indian Institution of Production Engineers
- 2009: Successfully completed a research project on Intelligent Manufacturing using Artificial Neural network sponsored by BCUD, university of Pune under research promotion scheme.
- P.S. Kalos, and Hassan Khayyat, “The Influence of CNC Turning Process Parameters on the Machining of AISI 1060 ”, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences (IJREAS),5(11) Nov 2015, pp. 1-8. ISSN: 2249-3905.
- Y.B. Gaidhani, V.S.Kalamani and P.S. Kalos, “Parametric Analysis of Abrasive Water Jet Machining by AHP method.” Open Access Int. Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), Vol. 8, Issue 5, Sep. - Oct. 2013, pp. 01-06 ISSN: 2278-1684.
- P.S. Kalos, K. N. Nandurkar, B.B. Ahuja and L.G. Navale, “Analysis of Geometrical Tolerances In Straight Turning Using Response Surface Method And Monte Carlo Simulation”, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Industrial Engineering (IJMTIE),1(1) June 2010, pp. 45-55. ISSN: 0976-6251.
- P.S. Kalos and Mohm. Hamdan “Syntheses Conjugate Tool Grapping Involute Sprockets under Gear shaving ”, International Conf. on Manufacturing Excellence (ICMAX-2019), 25-26 FEB 2019, India ISBN:978-93-88441-69-8
- P.S. Kalos, K.N. Nandurkar and V.S. Kalamani, “Minimization of Geometrical Errors in CNC Turning Process using ROVOP Method ”, International Conf. on Manufacturing Excellence (ICMAX-2017), 2-3 MARCH 2017, India
- P.S. Kalos, D. D. Deshmukh, “Multi-response Optimization of PTA welding parameter for overlay process of stellite 6B on duplex stainless steel using Taguchi method ”, Proc. of International Conf. on Advances in Engg. And Technology (ICAET-2014), Nagpur
- P.S. Kalos, K. N. Nandurkar, B.B. Ahuja and L.G. Navale, “A Fuzzy Inference System for Predicting the Geometrical Errors on Turned Components”, Proc. of International Conf. Production Research (ICPR), Brazil, Paper ID: 141, 2013.
- Y.B. Gaidhani and P.S.Kalos , “Process Parameter Selection and Analysis of Abrasive Water Jet Cutting.”, Proc. of Int. Conf. on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology, organised by SNJB, Chandwad, INDIA, March, 2012, pp. 17-22
- P.S. Kalos, K. N. Nandurkar, B.B. Ahuja and L.G. Navale, “Analysis of Roundness in Straight Turning Using Response Surface Method”, Proc. of International Conf. Organized by SVNIT, Surat, 3-5 AUG 2009, pp. 949-953.
- P.S. Kalos, K. N. Nandurkar, B.B. Ahuja and L.G. Navale, “Control of Roundness on Turned Cylindrical Bars Using Artificial Neural Network”, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engg. and Engg. Management, Singapore, 2007, pp.597-601. DOI: 10.1109/IEEM.2007.4419259
- Y.B. Gaidhani and P. S. Kalos, “Experimental Investigation of Abrasive Water Jet Machinig”,Proc. of National conference on Technological evaluation in engineering organised by JD College of Engineering Nagpur ,Jan 2012, pp.53-57.
- K. N. Nandurkar, L.G. Navale, B.B. Ahuja and P.S. Kalos, “Analysis of Roundness-error on En-8 steel using ANOVA”, Proc. Of National Conference on Recent Developments in Mech. Engg. (RDME-2011), July 2011, pp. 253-257. (Received Best Paper Award).
- V. S. Kalamani, P.S. Kalos and K. N. Nandurkar, “Green Manufacturing and Roundness-error in En-8 Alloy Steel Turned Bars ”, Proc. of the National Conf. on Green Technology, Nov. 2008 at Govt. Polytechnic, Nashik
- P.S. Kalos, K. N. Nandurkar, B.B. Ahuja and L.G. Navale, “Experimental Analysis of Roundness in En-8 Steel”, Proc. of 2nd Conference for Pune University teachers, Nov.2008 at Kopargaon.
- P.S. Kalos, V. S. Kalamani , K. N. Nandurkar, B.B. Ahuja and L.G. Navale, “Intelligent Control System for Roundness-error in En-8 Steel”, Proc. of the National Conf. on ETME, March 2009 at MIT Aurangabad.