Dr. Y. J. Bhalerao
NAME : Dr. Y. J. Bhalerao
DESIGNATION : Professor
QUALIFICATION : Post PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Pursuing )
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE :
Dr. Yogesh Bhalerao contributing to the academic rigor as a Professor in the School of Mechanical and Civil Engineering Department. He is an enthusiastic engineering educator with adaptive styles of teaching, sizeable research experience, a rich depth and breadth of knowledge and excellent communication skills. As a champion of both administrative and academic excellence, Dr. Bhalerao is continually reforming engineering education.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH :
Heat Transfer,Numerical Method, Engineering Education, Finite Element Analysis, Strength of Materials, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Drawing, Design Thinking.
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NO : 020-30253500
EXPERIENCE : Teaching: 19, Industry and Research: 20 Years
- Recipient of Education Innovative Leader award by World Innovation Congress on 12th February 2019.
- Recipient of ‘Best Principal Award’ by the esteemed Savitribai Phule Pune University, 10th Feb 2019.
- Recipient of Education Leadership Award (Dewang Mehta National Education Awards), 8th October 2018
- Recipient of the ‘Committed Educator and Dedicated Service Award’ by the MIT Group of Institutions on MIT Foundation Day 2018, 5th August 2018.
- Recipient of the Vice-Chancellor Award for ‘Best Innovative Teaching in Professional Courses’ by the esteemed Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), 10th February 2018.
- Headed the MIT Academy of Engineering – EPICS (Engineering Projects in Community Service) collaboration in association with IUCEE.
- Completed the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT) with the British Council.
- Ranked first in Master of Engineering (Heat Power) Course at SPPU (Former Pune University).
- 2015-16: (Status: Published and Exam awaited)
Patent Filing No.: 3021/MUM/2015
Title: "System for Measuring Temperature of Workpiece in Machining Operation"
- 2016-17: (Status: Published)Patent Filing No.: 201721008392 A
Title: “Fuel Blender for Use in Gasoline Engine for Blending Ethanol and Gasoline Fuel”
- 2016-17: (Status: Published)
Patent Filing No.: 201721017212
Title: “Temperature Measurement System for Combined Face and Shoulder Grinding Operation”
- 2018-19: (Status: Published)
Patent Filing No.: 201821027111
Title: “System and Method for Forces Measurement in Combined Face and Shoulder Grinding Operation”
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Indian Society for Heat and Mass Transfer (ISHMT)
- Abrasive Engineering Society (AES)
- Tribology Society of India (TSI)
- Dr. M.N. Morgan, AMTReL, General Engineering Research Institute, Faculty of Technology and Environment, Liverpool John Moores University, Byrom Street, Liverpool, L3 3AF, UK. Jointly working on thermal analysis of various grinding processes and mass finishing processes.
- Dr. Rochish Thakur, Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.
- Rs. 2 Lakhs, BCUD, University of Pune for the project “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process” for the year 2007 – 08 and 2008 – 09. Status of the Project – Completed.
- Rs. 30 Lakhs, as a Young Scientist Award from Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the FASTTRACK Scheme for young scientist for the project “Thermal Analysis of combined Face and Shoulder Cylindrical Grinding”. Status of the Project – Completed.
- Rs. 11 Lakhs to a PhD student for the project “Temperature control in the machining processes with Optimum Quantity Lubrication” under the Scheme “Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science-2014” Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India. Status of the Project – Ongoing.
A. INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS:
- Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments (Part – I)” Technical Paper, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, USA. 2008. http://www.sme.org/ProductDetail.aspx?id=46982
- Akhil Garg, Yogesh Bhalerao and Kang Tai “Review of Empirical Modeling techniques in modeling of turning process” International Journal of Modeling, Identification and Control, Vol. 20, No.2, 2013. Pp. 121 – 129, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd., UK http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticle.php?artid=56184
- Venkatesh Vijayaraghavan, Akhil Garg, Yogesh Bhalerao, Chee How Wong and Kang Tai “Predicting the mechanical characteristics of hydrogen functionalized graphene sheets using ANN approach” Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry, Springer Publication, 10.1186/2193-8865-3-83. Page 1 – 5, 2013. http://www.jnanochem.com/content/3/1/83.
- Sachin Ghalme, Dr. Y.J. Bhalerao and A. Mankar “Effect of Lubricant Viscosity and Surface Roughness on Coefficient of Friction in Rolling Contact” J of Tribology in Industry Vol. 35, No. 4. 2013 pp 330 – 336. www.tribology.fink.rs/journals/2013/2013-4/9.pdf
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Life Models in Rolling Contact Fatigue” Transaction on Control and Mechanical Systems, Vol. 2, No. 10, 2013 pp 380 – 384. http://www.tsest.org/index.php/TCMS/article/view/227/143
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Biomaterials in Hip Joint Replacement” International Journal of Material Science and Engineering, Volume 4, No.2, 2016 pp 113 – 125. http://www.ijmse.net/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=51&id=131
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Modeling of wear performance of Si3N4-hBN Composite using Artificial Neural Network (ANN)” CiiT International Journal of Artificial Intelligence Systems and Machine Learning, Vol 8, No. 02, 2016 pp 62 – 65. http://www.ciitresearch.org/dl/index.php/aiml/article/view/AIML022016006
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Parameter Optimization in milling of glass fiber reinforced plastic (GFRP) using DOE – Taguchi Method” Springer Plus, 2016 5:1376, Published on 22 August 2016. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s40064-016-3055-y
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Optimization of wear loss in silicon nitride (Si3N4) – hexagonal Boron Nitride (hBN) composite using DoE – Taguchi method” Springer Plus, 2016 5:1671, Published on 29 September 2016. http://springerplus.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s40064-016-3379-7
- Sanjay S Patil and Yogesh Bhalerao “Selection of Dressing Process parameters by using TOPSIS technique for surface roughness of En-31 workpiece in CNC Cylindrical Grinding Machine” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 178 (2017) 012033 http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/178/1/012033/pdf
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Wear Performance Optimization of Silicon Nitride (Si3N4)-Hexagonal Boron Nitride (hBN) Composite Using Genetic Algorithm (GA)” Recent Patents on Material Science, 2017, 10, 000-000 http://benthamscience.com/journals/recent-patents-on-materials-science/
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Wear loss evaluation of Silicon Nitride – Hexagonal Boron Nitride composite using Taguchi Method” JOJ Material Science, August 2017, volume 2, Issue 4, 1 – 5, https://juniperpublishers.com/jojms/pdf/JOJMS.MS.ID.555592.pdf
- Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Integrated Taguchi – simulated annealing (SA) approach for analyzing wear behavior of Silicon Nitride” Journal of Applied research and Technology, (2017) Elsevier Publication 624 – 632. http://www.elsevier.es/en-revista-journal-applied-research-technology-jart-81-resumen-integrated-taguchi-simulated-annealing-sa-approach-S1665642317300998
- Sachin Ghalme and Y J Bhalerao “Application of Nanoparticles as Additive for Lubricant Nano-Materials in Tribology” Recent Patents on Materials Science, 2017, Review Article, Bentham Science.
- Mahesh P. Nagarkar, Yogesh J. Bhalerao, Gahininath J. Vikhe Patil and Rahul N. Zaware Patil “GA-based multi-objective optimization of active nonlinear quarter car suspension system—PID and fuzzy logic control International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, (2018), Springer publication
B. INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Grinding Process” at 5th International Conference on Computational Heat and Mass Transfer, Canmore, June 18 – 22 2007, Canada.
- Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments (Part – I)” at SME International Grinding Conference, Dearborn, Michigan, Sept 25 – 28, 2007, USA.
- Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal modeling of wet grinding process by using design of experiments” at 2nd International & 23rd All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference, IIT Madras, Chennai, December – 2008.
- Y. J. Bhalerao “Thermal Analysis of Wet Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments” 5th International Conference on Diffusion in Solids and Liquids, 24 – 26 June, 2009, Rome, Italy
- Dr. S.R. Kajale and Y.J. Bhalerao “Thermal Analysis of Grinding Process” at 18thNational & 7th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, IIT, Guwahati. January – 2006. www.iitg.ac.in/hmtc/asme_figures/abstract_status_a_to_m.pdf
- Dr. S.R. Kajale and Y.J. Bhalerao “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments (Part-II)” at 19thNational & 8th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, JNTU, Hyderabad. January – 2008.
- Y. J. Bhalerao “Thermal modeling of Wet Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments” 20th National and 9th International ISHMT – ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, 4 – 6 January, 2010, IIT, Powai, Mumbai, India
- Sanjay Patil and Dr. Yogesh Bhalerao “Determining of optimum level (conditions) of dressing parameters for work piece surface roughness in surface grinding operation” International Conference on Advances in Tribology, 21st – 24th February 2014, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala, India, Technology Letters pp. 168 – 171. www.icat14.com/pdf/Programme%20Schedule.pdf
- Sanjay Patil and Yogesh Bhalerao “Ranking of vitrified grinding wheel parameters by using analytical hierarchical process (AHP) for surface roughness of work piece in grinding operation” IEEE International Conference on Advances in Mechanical, Industrial, Automation and Management Systems (AMIAMS 2017), February 3-5, 2017, Department of Mechanical Engineering, MNNIT Allahabad, India. Proceedings 116 – 119. http://www.mnnit.ac.in/amiams2017
- Mahesh Nagarkar, Y.J. Bhalerao, G.J. Vikhe Patil and R.N. Zaware “Multi- Objective Optimization of Nonlinear Quarter Car Suspension System – PID and LQR Control ” Procedia Manufacturing, Elsevier Publication, Volume 20, 2018, Pages 420 – 427. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2351978918300945#!
- “Intelligent Threshold Prediction for Hybrid Mesh Segmentation through Artificial Neural Network”, 4th International Conference on Computing in Engineering & Technology, January 9-11 2019, University Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Dr. B.A.T.U, Lonere and D.I.E.M.S Aurangabad
- “Automatic Interacting Hole Suppression from CAD Mesh Models”, 4th International Conference on Computing in Engineering & Technology, January 9-11 2019, University Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Dr. B.A.T.U, Lonere and D.I.E.M.S Aurangabad
C. NATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- Sanjay Patil and Yogesh Bhalerao “Selection of levels of dressing process parameters by using topsis technique for EN-31 work piece surface roughness in CNC cylindrical grinding machine” 6th National Conference on processing and characterization of materials, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. 9 – 10 December 2016. http://www.ncpcm-nitrkl.in/about-us.html
- Pramod Kothmire, Rochish Thaokar, V.A. Juvekar and Y.J. Bhalerao “Dependence of Wall Boundary Condition on Electro Coalescence” 6th International & 43rd National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP-2016), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad. 15-17 December 2016. ISBN 978-93-5267-408-4
- Pramod Kothmire, Rochish Thaokar, Vinay Juvekar and Yogesh Bhalerao “Criticality of electrostatic boundary conditions in an Electro coalescence vessel” Research Scholars’ Symposium, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. 18 February 2017.