NAME :Dr. V.C.Wangikar
DESIGNATION : Sr. Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, 2020.
- MCA (Engineering Faculty )
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE :
Vaishali Wangikar is currently working as a Sr. Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Engineering& Technology, MIT-AOE, Pune.
She has completed her Ph.D. in Real-Time Data warehousing under faculty of Computer Engineering. The topic of her research is ‘Devising and Implementing a Record Linkage Algorithm with Special Reference to a Real-time Data warehouse Environment’. She is having 20 + years of teaching experience. She has guided more than 100 students for live projects.
Her expertise area are Database modeling, SQL, PL/SQL, Descriptive Analytics, Predictive Analytics. Software Engineering concepts, SRS design, UML diagrams, Design Patterns, Software Cost estimation techniques, Risk Plan, Quality Plan, Testing Plan and Test case design, are her major teaching strengths. She is having acquaintance with many open source tools for Data analysis and Data warehousing, Data visualization as well as Testing.FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH : Data Warehousing and Data Mining
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NO : 020-30253500, 30353600, Ext.-1053
EXPERIENCE : Teaching: 20, Industry: 1.5, Research: 8
- Best Teacher Award
- First prize in National conference paper presentation.
- Member, Association of Computing Machinery.
- Member, IEEE.
- Member IAENGG.
- Vaishali C. Wangikar, Dr. Sachin N. Deshmukh and Dr. Sunil G. Bhirud (2020). A Semi-Automated Record De-duplication Technique for a Data Warehouse Environment. International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering. Volume-9 Issue-3 January 2020. ISSN: 22783075, (Scopus Link: https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/21100889409)
- Vaishali C. Wangikar, Dr. Sachin N. Deshmukh and Dr. Sunil G. Bhirud (2020). The 3rd International Conference on Recent Trends in Image Processing & Pattern Recognition. Communication in Computer and Information Science (CCIS), Springer.
- Vaishali C. Wangikar, Sachin N. Deshmukh, Sunil G. Bhirud (2019). An Efficient Approach for Automated Token Formation for Record De-duplication with special reference to Real-Time Data-Warehouse Environment. International journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, Volume-8, Issue-4,151-159, ISSN: 2249 – 8958 .(Website: www.ijeat.org, ISSN: 22498958, (Scopus Link: https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/21100899502)
- Vaishali C. Wangikar, Dr. Sachin N. Deshmukh and Dr. Sunil G. Bhirud (2019). Rough Set based Approach for Automated Token Formation in Real-Time Record De-duplication. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems. Publisher: Institute of Advanced Scientific Research Volume 11, Issue 4, pages:380-390. (https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/20500195215) ( UGC No: 864)
- Vaishali C. Wangikar, Sachin N. Deshmukh, Sunil G. Bhirud (2016). Study and Implementation of Record De-duplication Algorithms. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Competitive Strategies ICTCS '16: March 2016, ACM Digital library. Article No.: 8 Pages 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1145/2905055.2905063
- Vaishali C. Wangikar, Sachin N. Deshmukh, Sunil G. Bhirud (2016). Selection of Window Size for Identification of De-Duplicates with Duplicate Count Strategy. 2nd International Conference on Cognitive Knowledge Engineering (ICKE - 2016), Department of Computer Science and Information Technology Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad - 431004, (MS), India. (Best paper award)
- Vaishali Wangikar, (2015). ‘Study of Different Approaches for Real Time Data Warehouse Environment’, at the “National Conference on, Modeling, Optimization and Control, 4th -6th March 2015, NCMOC –2015” ISBN:978-93-83572-72-4.
- Vaishali Wangikar , Ratnadeep Deshmukh(2011). ‘Data Cleaning: Current Approaches and Issues’, ,at IEEE International Conference on Knowledge Engineering (ICKE-2011), Narosa Publications (chapter 06) ISBN: 978-81-8487-123-4 year of publication 2011.
- ‘APPLYING ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TECHNIQUES FOR DEVISING A RECOMMENDATION SYSTEM ‘, at "National Conference Proceedings on Emerging Trends in Computer Science and Applications-2016", Pg. No. 9-14 , ISBN:978-93-5202-905-1.
- ‘Identification of de-duplicates by using an entity resolution algorithm in Hadoop environment’, at "National Conference Proceedings on Emerging Trends in Computer Science and Applications-2016", ISBN:978-93-5202-905-1 .