Name: Dr. Tapan K Bandyopadhyay
Designation: Emeritus Professor
Professional Qualification: B.C, E., M.C.E (Struct.), Ph.D (Engg.),F.I.E, F.IIBE, FIV, FICE (UK), Chartered Engineer
Ph.D.(Civil/Structural Engineering),Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India,1989, (Thesis reviewed by Dr. E.W. Bennett of University of Leeds, England)
M. C. E. (Structural Engineering), Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 1971,
B.C.E.(Civil Engineering),Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 1969,
Other Technical Qualifications: Computer Aided Structural Analysis from Jadavpur University (JU),1982. Management Programmes: a) Development Investor Ltd; Kolkata b) Tata Management Development Centre (TMDC) Jamshedpur, Bihar, India. Software packages: GT STRUDL; Engineering Packages: SAP IV, SAP-90, and STAAD Pro etc.
Overview of Profile:
At present Dr. Tapan K Bandyopadhyay is Emeritus Professor
Earlier important positions held and worked in Organizations/Institutes:
Vice President/ Sr. Vice President/ Executive Vice President of Structural Design & Engineering and R&D of M/s ThyssenKrupp Industries India Pvt. Ltd.
Deputy Director General & HOD Technical Development & Standard./ Joint Director General of Institute for Steel Development & Growth
Sr. Project Engineer/Asst. Chief Engineer/Deputy Chief Engineer/ Chief Engineer of Development Consultants Pvt. Ltd. Kolkata, and Kuljian Corporation Inc., Philadelphia, USA
Mining & Allied Machinery Corporation Ltd., Durgapur, West Bengal (Govt. of India Undertaking)
Research Design & Standards Organization, Lucknow (Ministry of Railways), 6) Central Public Works Department(Design), Kolkata
Publications of Documents/Books from INSDAG while working as Head of Department: About 50 Technical Documents were published by INSDAG pertaining to state-of-the-art design and construction of steel /steel-concrete composite projects.
Involvements in National Code Committees:
Experience (in years) :
i) IS: 800--2007-Indian Standard Code of Practice for General Construction in Steel, Bureau of Indian Standards
ii) CED: 46P9-National Building Code of India: Part 6, Structural Design, Bureau of Indian Standards
iii) IS: 12778-Hot Rolled Parallel Flange Steel Sections for Beams, Columns and Bearing Piles, Bureau of Indian Standards
iv) IS: 12779 --Rolling, Cutting Tolerances for Hot rolled Parallel Flange Sections
v) IRC: 22-Standard Specification and Code of Practice for Road Bridges, Section VI, Composite Construction, Indian Roads Congress
vi) IRC: 24- Standard Specifications and Code of Practice for Road Bridges, Section V, Steel Road Bridges - Indian Roads Congress
vii) IRC: SP: 74-2007-Guidelines for Repair and Rehabilitation of Steel Bridges--- Indian Roads Congress
Forefront research area: Steel Structure System
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no: 020-27185857 Ext:1170
Teaching :10, Industry : 25, Research : 10
- The Geological mining & Metallurgical society of India, Culcutta-700019.
- Indian water Resource society , Roorkee-247667.
- International association of Hydrological sciences, Walling for Oxford shire OX18 BB, UK.
- Geological Society India, Bangalore-560019.
- Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi-110002.
- National Institute of Personnel Management, Kolkata-700019 .
Publications & Trainings :
- He had been Published more than six papers and Three articles.
- He had been also undergone more than twenty trainings.
- “Determining aging coefficient and time-dependent losses and deformation of pre-stressed members with due consideration of percentage of steel”, Nuclear Engineering and design 156, 1995, pp 287-311, ELSEVIER SCIENCE B.V, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- “Time dependent losses and deformations of pre-stressed members with due consideration of ageing coefficient and percentage of steel” transaction SMiRT-12, Stuttgart, August 1993, paper H 10/3
- “Authors Closure on Paper 85-S22”, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Journal. 86(1), 1989, pp 107-108
- “Effect of deferred initial loading and percentage of steel on time dependent losses and deformations of pre-stressed members”, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Journal. 85(2), 1988, pp 190-205
- “Determining time dependent losses of pre-stress with due consideration of aging coefficient and percentage of steel”, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Journal. 83(2), 1986, pp 236-243
- “Experimental studies on composite deck slabs to determine the shear-bond characteristic (m-k) values of the embossed profiled sheet”, International Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol. 63(6), pp.791-803 by Marimuthu V., Seetharaman S., Arul Jayachandran S., Chellappan A., Bandyopadhyay T.K. and Datta D.,(2007)
- “Sustainable And Cost-Effective Steel-Concrete Composite Construction”-4th International Symposium on Steel Structures, ISSS’06, Seoul, Korea, held during 15-18 November 2006.
- “IS: 800-Indian Code of Practice for Construction in Steel and Its Comparison with International Codes”-4th International Symposium on Steel Structures, ISSS’06, Seoul, Korea, held during 15-18 November 2006.
- “Utility of Eccentric bracing Frames in Steel Structure”- 4th International Symposium on Steel Structures, ISSS’06, Seoul, Korea, held during 15-18 November 2006.
- Effect of P-Delta Analysis For Slender Building Structures in Recent Era”, STESSA 06, Japan, August 2006.
- Behavior of Steel Structure in Earthquake – Modal Analysis vs. Nonlinear analysis”, RASD 06, UK. July 2006
- “Fast Track and Cost effective Steel-Concrete Composite Construction” – 8th International Conference on Steel Space and Composite Structures, 15-17 May 2006, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Also was the Chairman of a Technical session in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- “Mass Participation in Seismic Analysis”, Proceedings of National Conference on Earthquake Analysis and design of Structures (EQADS–06) under NPEEE, Coimbatore, Feb’06 issue
- “Standing tall”, published in Times Journal of Construction and Design, November 2005