Name : Dr. Moumita Das
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: B.Tech, Ph.D
Overview of Profile:
She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering. Her research is in the area of Construction Information Technology. Her PhD thesis is entitled “A Distributed Cloud-based BIM Framework for Object-based Lifecycle Information Exchange and Supply Chain Integration”
Fore Front Area of Research: • Building Information Modeling (BIM)
• Construction information technology and knowledge management
• Service oriented computing approach for knowledge management in construction
• C & D waste reduction and management
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no: 020- Ext:
Experience (in years): Teaching : 0.6 years, Industry : 3 Years Research : 6 Months
Awards and Achievements:
Peer-reviewed International Journal Papers
1. Cheng, J. C. P., and Das, M. (2014). "A BIM-based web service framework for green building energy simulation and code checking." Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon), 19, 150-168.
2. Das, M., Cheng, J. C. P., and Kumar, S. (2015). "Social BIMCloud: A distributed cloud-based BIM platform for object-based lifecycle information exchange." Visualization in Engineering, 3(8)
3. Das, M., Cheng, J. C. P., and Law, K. H. (2015). "An ontology-based web service framework for construction supply chain collaboration and management." Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 22(5), 551-572.
1. Cheng, J. C. P., and Das, M. (2011). "Ontology-based Standardized Web Services for Context-Aware Building Information Retrieval and Exchange." Proceedings of 2011 , June 19-22, 2011.
2. Cheng, J. C. P., and Das, M. (2011). "Improving collaboration in the construction industry through context-aware web services." Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Cooperative Design, Visualization and Engineering (CDVE2011), Hong Kong, China, September 11-14, 2011.
3. Cheng, J. C. P., and Das, M. (2012). "A gbXML-based web service framework for green building design and rule-based code checking." Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE 2012), Moscow, Russia, June 27-29, 2012.
4. Cheng, J. C. P., and Das, M. (2013) "A cloud computing approach to partial exchange of BIM models." Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Applications of IT in the AEC Industry (CIB W78), Beijing, China, 9-12 October, 2013.
5. Das, M., and Cheng, J. C. P. (2014) "BIMCloud: A distributed cloud-based Social BIM framework for project collaboration." Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE 2014), Florida, United States, June 23-25, pp. 41-48
6. Cheng, J. C. P., Deng, Y., Das, M., and Anumba, C. (2014) "Evaluation of IFC4 for the GIS and green building domains " Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE 2014), Florida, United States, June 23-25, pp. 2216-2223
7. Kumar, S.S., Das, M., Cheng, J.C.P., Kuang, J.S. (2015) “A Cloud-based BIM Framework for Construction Site Layout Planning”, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Civil and Building Engineering Informatics, Tokyo, Japan, April 22-24 (under publication)v8. Cheng, J.C.P., Won, J. & Das, M. (2015) “Construction and Demolition Waste Management Using BIM Technology”, 23rd Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction, Perth, Australia, 29-31 Jul 2015. pp 381-390