PEO's and PO's
The Educational Objectives of Civil Engineering are:
- Graduates in Civil Engineering will acquire skills required for successful entrepreneurs .
- Graduates in Civil Engineering will be competent to pursuehigher education in technical or management field.
- Graduates in Civil Engineering will engage themselves in lifelong learning and research.
- Graduates in Civil Engineering would know and practice professional ethics throughout their life.
Graduates in Civil Engineering will possess -
- An Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex Civil engineering problems. (Engineering Knowledge)
- An Ability to design experiments for the required cause and subsequently analyze and interpret the data acquired from the experiment to draw apt conclusions. (Problem Analysis)
- An ability to design, plan and execute a safe system or its component satisfying functionality and serviceability (Design/development of solutions)
- An ability to analyse, design and execute an Engineering project involving need of multidisciplinary expertise. (Investigations on complex problems)
- An ability to select and use modern equipments, software programs available to perform complex tasks in Civil Engineering. (Modern tool usage)
- An ability to identify and offer solutions to problems in areas of social importance. e.g. transportation, water treatment and supply, legal aspects etc. (The Engineer and society)
- An ability to assess environmental impact of various projects involving Civil Engineering and envisage acceptable sustainable solutions to curb environmental damage. (The environment and sustainability)
- An understanding of professional practice issues and the importance of licensure. (Ethics)
- An ability to segregate and function in domains of work requiring individual credentials and team effort. (Individual and team work)
- An ability to articulate unambiguous technical language through oral and written communication. (Communication)
- An ability to exercise efficient planning of the project lifecycle and fund release schedule of the Civil Engineering project. (Project management and finance)
- An ability to accommodate ongoing philosophical and technological advances in field of Civil Engineering. (Life long learning)
The graduates in Civil Engineering will be able to
- Analyze, Design, Construct, Maintain and Operate infrastructural projects
- Assess the environmental impact of various projects and take required measures to curb environmental deterioration
- Able to use latest softwares pertaining to various streams of Civil Engineering.