Name: Dr. Debashis Adhikari
Ph.D. (Wireless Communication), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DU), Pune.
M. E. (Aerospace (Guided Missiles)), Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune.
B.Tech. (Electronics & Telecom), Institute of Radio physics & Electronics, University College of Science & Technology, Calcutta University.
Overview of Profile:
Dr. Debashis Adhikari is a Professor in the Department of Electronics & Telecommunication. He holds a PhD in the area of Wireless Communication from the Defense Institute of Advanced Technology (DU). He has served the Indian Air Force as a commissioned officer for twenty-three years and has a total experience of twenty-six years of which twelve are in the area of teaching. He has a rich experience in Missile Guidance Radar and was involved in conceptualization and implementation of indigenous modification of transmitter and receiver systems of X-band missile guidance radar with frequency agile magnetron and rectification of RF switches. He has also worked on 2GHz and 8GHz RF Tropo/LOS links with 2 X 2 space, frequency and polarization diversity for analog and digital systems as well as Satcom systems and Air Force NET.
Dr. Debashis Adhikari has delivered may invited guest lectures on missile guidance concepts for engineering executives of Bharat Dynamic Ltd., Bharat Electronics Ltd. (Pune), Brahmos Inc, Indian Ordnance Factories and Armament Research & Development Establishment (Pune). He is a reviewer of international journal (Springer). His present area of interest is low complexity MIMO receivers and UWB communications.
Fore Front Area of Research: Wireless Communication
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no: 020-30253500 (1229)
Experience : Teaching : 12 years, Industrial : 14 years
Research / Patents / Publications
Membership: Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Indigenization of ferrite bricks (YIG) in collaboration with CEL, Ghaziabad, to replace Russian manufactured ferrite strips in the ferrite section of missile tracking.
- Repair of USA make RF switches for Missile Guidance Radars
- D. Adhikari and C. Bhattacharya, "Analysis of Power Spectral Density of Ultrawideband waveforms for Pulse Shape Modulation", International Journal of Ultrawideband Communication Systems, vol. 3, no.1, pp. 19 - 31, 2014.
- D. Adhikari and C. Bhattacharya, "Performance Analysis of UWB TH-PSM for Multiple Access in presence of Timing Jitter", Defense Science Journal, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Vol. 64, No. 5, pp. 464-470, 2014.
- D. Adhikari and C. Bhattacharya, "Eigenvalue Based Selection of Prolate Spheroidal Wave Functions for Pulse Shape Modulation", Journal of Telecommunications, U.K., vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 1-4, 2013.
- D. Adhikari and Lt. Cdr R Barnwal, “A Novel method of Image Compression & Transform Coding”, The MILIT Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2012.
- D. Adhikari and Ashwini Saykar, “Broadband Pulse Shapes for PAPR Mitigation Techniques, Journal of Telecommunications, U.K.., vol. 30, no. 1, 2015.
- Tanushree and D Adhikari, “Space Time Block Codes in MIMO-OFDM systems”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 10, No. 13, 2015.
- Jagdish Gupta and D Adhikari, “Performance Analysis of SOQPSK Modulation Scheme for Telemetry Applications”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 10, No. 13, 2015.
Proceedings of Internationally indexed conferences
- D. Adhikari and C. Bhattacharya, "Power Spectral Density of Modified Hermite Pulses for M- ary Pulse Shape Modulation,' in the Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications Devices and Intelligent Systems, pp. 13 - 16, 2012.
- D. Adhikari and C. Bhattacharya, "Ultra wideband Signal Design by Angular and Radial Prolate Spheroidal Wave Functions (PSWF)," in the Proc. of IEEE- INDICON, pp. 1 - 4, 2011.
- D. Adhikari and C. Bhattacharya, “UWB Pulse Shape Design by Prolate Spheroidal Wave Functions (PSWF),", In the Proc of IEEE ICEAA APS Tropical Conference on Ant. and Prop in Wireless Commun, Italy, 2011.
- D. Adhikari ,Saili Kadam and Tanushree, “Performance Analysis of an 8X 8 STBC coded MIMO system for High rate Data Transfer”, in the Proceedings of IEEE International Conf. on Information Processing (ICIP 2015).